Sonnet for a Snow Storm in Spring

 I wrote this sonnet in two days, not one so I am short a poem at the moment.  This one was written on April 5th/6th.  Hopefully I will have a 2 poem day again sometime to get an extra one up here.


It's spring but the snow has me shivering.

Amid green, the frost still lingers outside.

The fresh blooms and buds are all withering.

The sudden chill has me wanting to hide.


It feels like the sun isn't returning

Like your hand will forever block the light

So seasons fight as the world is turning

So the daytime surrenders to the night


Yet, the winter must surrender to spring

And the snowdrops soon overtake the snow

Soon, through the air, the robin's call will ring

And the tulips and pansies all will grow


So, don't get distraught over snowstorms in spring.

Be patient, the seasons will teach us to sing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitting Restart

The Dark Swan/Part I